EOS Destination Workshops
Creating Magic in Your Portraits
- Presented by:
- Parish Kohanim (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- March 31, 2012 - April 01, 2012
- 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (Start times vary. See agenda)
- Parish Kohanim Studio
1130 W. Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
- Attendees are responsible for their own accommodations.
Many hotels within walking distance.
- Canon Live Learning
When you register for this workshop you are giving yourself the opportunity to learn from one of the most talented fine art and portrait photographers, Parish Kohanim, who is generous and gracious in his approach to teaching others the master lighting and posing skills he has cultivated. Join us in Atlanta for two days of hands-on learning at the most beautiful time of year when everything is in bloom and the whole city becomes a botanical garden.
Throughout the two days Parish will guide attendees in clarifying their vision of the perfect portrait. Through demonstrations and hands on shooting students will learn great lighting techniques such as low/high-key, hard/soft light and creating the mood. Posing models is a creative skill that Parish has mastered and will share throughout the workshop. When paired with the right lighting, you will achieve the magic you seek in your portraits.
Shooting and demos with models in the studio and outdoors will incorporate studio strobe lighting and the Canon Speedlite system to enable students to leave the weekend with variety of technical techniques and creative approaches.
Students should be prepared to bring 5-10 images of their own and/or their favorite images from other photographers, painters, and illustrators that resonate with them.
- Find new ways to photograph people
- Discover how to find the Magical Light and utilize proper balance and key and fill-lights to enhance your subject
- Master the fundamentals of a properly composed portrait
- You will learn how to interact with and direct a professional and non- professional model, ie., your fellow students.
- Catered lunch
- Canon gear loans including Speedlites
- 1-2 prints of your work
- Critique and feedback on images
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More