EOS Destination Workshops
Birds as Art
- Presented by:
- Arthur Morris (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- November 30, 2012 - December 02, 2012
- 7:00 am - 5:00 pm (see agenda for details)
- Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge
1001 New Mexico 1
San Antonio, New Mexico 87832
- Lodging is not included in workshop fee. Attendees are responsible for own lodging.
Please call the hotel to make reservations. Mention "Canon workshop " for discounted rate of $97/night.
Best Western Socorro Hotel
1100 N California Street,
Socorro New Mexico 87801-4266
Phone: (575) 838-0556
(Best Western Socorro Hotel)
- Canon Live Learning
This workshop is currently sold out. Please click REGISTER NOW to join the Wait List
Art Morris, Canon Explorer of Light and award winning nature and wildlife photography, is well known for his exhibits, multiple publications and is also known as a top nature photography teacher. Art will lead this workshop to one of his most favorite places to shoot on the planet: Bosque Del Apache NWR in New Mexico and teach how to photograph birds as a form of art.
Students will learn how to properly expose and create artistically designed images. You will also learn what to look for while editing your work to make stronger images as well as Photoshop skills and techniques.
The Canon gear we will provide for students to learn and experiment with will only further enhance the experience. Out on the trail, we recommend telephoto lenses from 300mm (with and without teleconverters) to create the best bird photography, as well as the 500mm, 600mm, and 800mm AF lens. The workshop will include classroom instruction, field demonstrations and group critiques.
The workshop is limited to 16 students so you will have plenty of attention and support from Mr. Morris and one of our highly skilled Canon Technical Specialists. Throughout the course students will learn professional insights and techniques from Mr. Morris and have the opportunity to print 1-2 of your favorite images as well as learn essential processing tips.
You will shoot elbow to elbow in the field with Art learning his award winning techniques and essential aspects of bird. A sample of topics that we will concentrate on during the field sessions:
- Recognizing and evaluating a situation/learning to see like a pro
- Choosing your perspective
- Getting the right exposure: basic principles, checking for “blinkies”, exposing to the right, and evaluating and adjusting the histogram
- Tripod handling and hand holding techniques
- Getting sharp images
- Light angle, head angle, and the orientation of the subject to the imaging sensor
- What does wind direction have to do with bird photography?
- Flight photography basics
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, f-stops and shutter speed is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers. Please read the agenda to understand the workshop outline.
- Canon gear loans
- Admission into the Bosque Del Apache NWR
- Lunch on both days of the workshop
- 1-2 prints of your work
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More