EOS Destination Workshops
Creating Magic in Your Portraits
- Presented by:
- Parish Kohanim (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- April 20, 2013 - April 21, 2013
- 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (see agenda for details)
- Parish Kohanim Studio
1130 W. Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
- Attendees are responsible for their own accommodations. Many hotels within walking distance.
- Canon Live Learning
“It’s Time To Stop Taking Ordinary Shots and Start taking Extraordinary Photos”
“Taking pictures has always been a gift and passion for me”
Registering for this workshop will give you the opportunity to learn from one of the most talented fine art and portrait photographers, Parish Kohanim, who is generous and gracious in his approach to teaching others the master lighting and posing skills he has cultivated over three decades. Join us in Atlanta for two days of hands-on learning at the most beautiful time of year when everything is in bloom and the whole city becomes a botanical garden.
Throughout this two day Workshop, Parish will guide attendees in clarifying multitudes of techniques for the perfect portrait. Through demonstrations and hands on shooting, students will learn great lighting techniques such as low and highkey, hard and soft light and creating the various moods. Learn from Parish the creative posing skills that he has mastered throughout his career, photographing professional models, celebrities and non-professionals. He will share his vast knowledge and contagious passion throughout the shooting days and when combined with the right combination of lighting, you will achieve the magic you will bring to your portraits.
Shooting and demos with models in the studio and outdoors will incorporate studio strobe lighting and the Canon Speedlite system to enable students to leave the weekend with a variety of technical techniques and creative approaches.
Students should be prepared to bring 5-10 images of their own and/or their favorite images from other photographers, painters, and illustrators that resonate with them.
What you will gain from the workshop:
- Experiment with new and exciting approaches to creating special portraits.
- Discover the Magical Light and utilize proper balance and key and fill-lights to enhance your subject.
- Master the fundamentals of a properly composed portrait.
- Learn how to interact with and direct a professional and non- professional model, ie., your fellow students to get the most natural-looking shots.
- Parish will push you to expand and explore infinite possibilities beyond your comfort zone.
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, f-stops and shutter speed is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers. Please read the agenda to understand the workshop outline.
- Canon gear loans, including Speedlites
- Catered lunch
- Critique and feedback on images from Parish
- 1-2 prints of your work
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More