EOS Destination Workshops
Capturing A Smaller World: Digital Macro Photography Techniques
- Presented by:
- George Lepp (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- May 17, 2013 - May 19, 2013
- Start times vary (see agenda)
- Denver Botanic Gardens
1007 York Street
Denver, Colorado 80206
- mention "Canon" for discounted room rate of $109
(Holiday Inn Cherry Creek)
- Canon Live Learning
Canon Explorer of Light George Lepp will lead this workshop on the possibilities of macro/close-up photography using a wide array of Canon photographic tools, enabling creative photography.
Students will learn Principles of macro and close-up photography such as: attaining maximum sharpness, lighting, depth of field techniques. Participants will also have the experience to use 180mm telephoto macro lenses to capture the butterflies and other insects living in the gardens as well as how to magnify macro flower details 5X by using the Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens. High magnification photography requires electronic flash and all the capabilities of Canon flash will also be explored.
The Canon gear we will provide for students to learn and experiment with will only further enhance the experience. As part of the workshop registration students are able to borrow Macro lenses, extension tubes, flashes, a selection of EOS bodies to capture the environment. The workshop will include classroom instruction, field demonstrations and group critiques.
The workshop is limited to 16 students so you will have plenty of attention and support from Mr. Lepp and one of our highly skilled Canon Technical Specialists. Throughout the course students will learn professional insights and techniques from Mr. Lepp and have the opportunity to print 1-2 of their images on the new PIXMA Pro-1 as well as learn essential processing tips.
What you will gain from the workshop:
- Principals of Macro photography including sharpness, diffraction, magnification, the use of a tripod
- Lens selection for specific subjects
- Composing for dramatic shots with varying exposures and flash
- Using & setting up Canon single, multiple, and macro flashes
- Techniques to optimize images by applying software to stitch panoramas and image stacking
- Workflow for imaging processing
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, f-stops and shutter speed is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers. Please read the agenda to understand the workshop outline.
- Lunch on both days of the workshop
- Canon gear loans
- Admission into the Denver Botanical Gardens
- 1-2 prints of your work
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More