EOS Destination Workshops
Magnificent Falls and Wildflowers
- Presented by:
- George Lepp (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- June 28, 2013 - June 30, 2013
- Times vary, see agenda for details
- Oregon Garden
879 West main Street
Silverton, Oregon 97381
- Lodging is not included in workshop fee. Attendees are responsible for own lodging.
Please call the hotel to make reservations. Mention "Canon workshop " for discounted rate of $119/night.
Oregon Garden Resort
895 West Main Street
Silverton, OR 97381
(Oregon Garden Resort)
- Canon Live Learning
George Lepp, Canon Explorer of Light and Outdoor Photographer Field Editor and columnist for the past 28 years, will lead this three-day workshop in the Western Slope of the Cascade Range in Oregon.
Students will learn how to properly expose and create artistically designed images. Lepp will explore the creative possibilities of garden and flower photography as well as capturing waterfalls. The workshop will offer shooting locations in both the tranquil Oregon Garden and the Silver Falls state Park where there are ten magnificent falls and forest wildflowers within a short distance. Participants need to be able to navigate steps and short hikes on well-maintained trails while carrying photographic equipment. In Oregon, there is a possibility of rain, but do not fear, photography will go forward rain or shine!
As part of the workshop fee, students have the opportunity to loan and experiment with a wide range of EOS bodies, Speedlites, and EF lens to further enhance the experience. This workshop will include classroom instruction, field demonstrations and group critiques. Throughout the course, students will learn professional insights and techniques from Mr. Lepp and have the opportunity to print 1-2 of their images, as well as learn essential processing tips.
The workshop is limited to 16 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support from Mr. Lepp and one of our highly skilled Canon Technical Specialists.
A sample of topics that we will concentrate on during classroom and field sessions include:
- Creative Depth of Field
- Lens selection for specific subjects
- Composing for dramatic shots with varying exposures and flash
- Using & setting up Canon single, multiple, and macro flashes
- Techniques to optimize images by applying software to stitch panoramas and image stacking
- Workflow for imaging processing
- Getting the right exposure: basic principles and adjusting the histogram
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, f-stops and shutter speed is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers. Please read the agenda to understand the workshop outline.
- Lunch on each day of the workshop
- Coffee and light snacks during classroom instruction
- Canon gear loans
- 1-2 prints of your work
- Admission into Silver Falls Park
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More