EOS Destination Workshops
Wildlife Photography: L Lens Extravaganza
- Presented by:
- Lewis Kemper (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- June 23, 2014 - June 26, 2014
- Triple D Game Farm
190 Drake Drive
- Accommodations and meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a special rate at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
275 Treeline Road
Kalispell, MT 59901
Mention Canon Workshop to receive $139 rate
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Canon rate guaranteed up to 30 days before event date.
- Canon Live Learning
The enrollment capacity for this class has been reached. Further registrants will be placed on a waitlist and contacted once space becomes available.
Lewis Kemper will lead this adventurous workshop for capturing stunning images of North American wildlife. We will have the opportunity to photograph the animals with natural landscape as the backdrop – no viewing fences to block your shots because you are not on the outside of a fence! The photographers, animals and the trainers are together in a natural environment with a large enclosure. What is really exciting about this time of year are newborns! Besides adult wolves, bobcats, mountain lions, lynx, coyotes and more, we also will have the opportunity of photographing baby animals as well. Over two days, students will have the opportunity to go out on six shoots, capturing the stunning coats and exquisite physiques of a variety of species. The exact species will not be determined until right before the workshop.
In their natural environment, the animals are sure to provide you with plenty of inspiring photographs and the Canon gear we will provide for students to learn and experiment with will only further enhance the experience. As part of the workshop registration, students are able to borrow L-series lenses including a variety of lenses, along with a selection of bodies like the EOS 5D Mark III and EOS-1D X to capture the action.
The workshop is limited to 16 students so you will have plenty of attention and support from Mr. Kemper and our highly skilled Canon Technical Specialist. Throughout the course, students will learn professional insights and techniques from Mr. Kemper, have the opportunity to print their images on one of Canon’s new PIXMA Pro Printers and learn essential processing tips using Canon Digital Photo Professional (free software included with every camera) and Mr. Kemper’s Lightroom/Photoshop workflow. Lewis will be giving presentations on “Wildlife Photography Tips” and “Light, Color, and Composition.”
- Professional insights on exposing for a variety of lighting scenarios
- Manual exposure and Auto ISO
- Composing for dramatic shots
- Extended flash for wildlife
- Creative techniques using shutter speed
- Techniques to maximize RAW files through Canon Digital Photo Professional software (free with all EOS and some PowerShot cameras)
- Workflow for imaging processing
- Amazing wildlife images that would take years to capture in the wild!
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, f-stops and shutter speed is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers.
- Six sessions photographing the various species
- Lunch for all three days
- Canon gear loans – bodies and lenses
- 2 -3 prints of your work
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More