EOS Destination Workshops
The Magic of Yellowstone
- Presented by:
- Adam Jones (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- September 05, 2014 - September 08, 2014
- Three Bear Lodge
217 Yellowstone Ave
West Yellowstone, Montana 59758
- Accommodations and meals are the responsibility of the attendee, though we have set up a special rate at the Three Bear Lodge
Three Bear Lodge,
217 Yellowstone Ave,
West Yellowstone, MT 59758
Mention Canon Workshop to receive $119 rate
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Canon rate guaranteed up to 30 days before event date.
- Canon Live Learning
Yellowstone National Park is the focus of countless books and films — a national treasure needing no introduction. Often referred to as the Serengeti of North America, this beautiful park boasts the largest intact ecosystems in 48 states. Join us in this spectacular park, with amazing scenic landscapes and abundant wildlife such as elk, deer, bears, coyote and large herds of bison. September is the best time to photograph in the park – the crowds are gone, wildlife is in its prime, herds of elk are in the meadows along the rivers and the steam from hundreds of geothermal features billows into the crisp morning air, creating otherworldly landscapes.
We’ll headquarter our workshop in West Yellowstone, Montana. Our accommodation at The Three Bear Lodge is located two blocks outside the West entrance to the park. We have a meeting room reserved for critiques, reviewing new images and lessons when the light is not suitable for great images.
The variety of subjects in Yellowstone are truly a photographer’s paradise and offer wide-ranging photo opportunities. This workshop is scheduled to offer the best all-around opportunities the fall season has to offer. From classic mountain vistas, flowing streams, waterfalls, geysers, emerald pools, geothermal features and wildlife, Yellowstone National Park is truly a photographer’s paradise.
- Using natural light and the elements of design to compose stunning landscape images
- Learn to see like a professional and go beyond the obvious
- Setting up your camera to work the way you want it to
- Exposure: Getting it right every time and using the histogram like a pro
- HDR that looks photo realistic for high contrast scenes
- Using depth of field as a creative tool
- Image stacking for unlimited depth of field
- Shutter speeds and motion treatments for moving subjects, such as water and wildlife
- Filters for landscape photography
- Demystifying flash for nature images
- Creating panoramic images with stitching software
- Telephoto lens techniques for capturing tack sharp, well-exposed wildlife images
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, f-stops and shutter speed is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers.
- Five sessions photographing in Yellowstone National Park
- Canon gear loans – bodies and lenses
- 2 -3 prints of your work
- Beverages and snacks
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More