EOS Destination Workshops
Sports Photography Uncovered: A Workshop with Peter Read Miller
- Presented by:
- Peter Read Miller (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- February 26, 2015 - March 01, 2015
- Arizona State University
- Accommodations and meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a special rate at the Residence Inn Tempe Downtown/University. To make reservations directly, click on the link below.
Residence Inn Tempe Downtown/University
510 South Forest Avenue
Tempe, AZ 85281
Mention Canon ASU Workshop to receive $199 rate
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires February 5, 2015. Please book rooms in advance.
If room block is full, please check with the Tempe Mission Palms
- Canon Live Learning
Sports photography presents you with many opportunities to capture dramatic and vivid imagery that will last a lifetime. As one of Sports Illustrated top photographers for over 30 years, Peter Read Miller has taken amazing images. He is a well-known presence on the sidelines of most major American sporting fields, rinks, and gymnasiums.
Shoot side by side with Peter, a member of Canon’s “Explorers of Light.” Learn the techniques of timing, depth of field, isolating the subject, focus, composition and others during a myriad of live sporting events including baseball, basketball, sand volleyball, and softball at Division 1 School of Arizona State University. All attendees will have media access during the weekend games.
The workshop will include classroom instruction as well as field demonstrations. During real-live games you can further develop the skills acquired in class and put into practice the techniques you have learned. Peter will personally critique your work so that you leave the workshop with a better understanding of how to turn good images into outstanding ones.
This workshop is limited to 16 participants to ensure individualized support from Peter and a skilled Canon Technical Representative. You will have access to Canon long lenses and the latest Canon camera bodies to use throughout the duration of the workshop.
- Techniques to capture action
- How to use lighting and different angles for shooting various sports
- The power of cropping & editing images to make them magazine cover worthy
- How to choose the best lenses for sports photography
- A variety of images to add to your professional portfolio
Please bring your favorite camera, together with any lenses you want to shoot with (both wide angle and telephoto), plenty of charged battery packs, memory cards, a monopod and a laptop computer and a card reader to download and edit images.
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, aperture, shutter speed and ISO. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers.
- Canon gear loans
- Access to ASU sporting events
- Lunch all 3 days
- 1 - 2 prints of your work to take home, circumstances permitting
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More