EOS Destination Workshops
The Magic of Yellowstone
- Presented by:
- Adam Jones (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- September 19, 2015 - September 23, 2015
- Yellowstone National Park
- Accommodations and meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a special rate at the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone.
Holiday Inn West Yellowstone
315 Yellowstone Ave
West Yellowstone, MT 59758
Mention Canon Workshop to receive $209 nightly rate
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires August 19, 2015
- Canon Live Learning
The focus of countless books and films: Yellowstone National Park is a national treasure needing no introduction. Often referred to as the Serengeti of North America, this beautiful park boasts the largest intact eco systems in lower 48 states. Join Canon Explorer of Light, Adam Jones, in a spectacular park with amazing scenic landscapes and abundant wildlife such as elk, deer, bears, coyote, and large herds of bison. September is the best time to photograph in the park: the crowds are gone, wildlife is in its prime, herds of elk are in the meadows along the rivers, and the steam from hundreds of geothermal features billows into the crisp morning air creating other worldly landscapes.
We’ll headquarter our workshop in West Yellowstone, Montana. The Holiday Inn West Yellowstone is located just a few blocks outside the West entrance to the park. We have a meeting room reserved for critiques, reviewing new images, and lessons when the light is not suitable for great images.
The variety of subjects in Yellowstone is truly a photographer’s paradise offering wide-ranging photo opportunities. This workshop is scheduled to offer the best all around opportunities the fall season has to offer. From classic mountain vistas, flowing streams, waterfalls, geysers, emerald pools, geothermal features, and wildlife. Yellowstone National Park is truly a photographer’s paradise.
The workshop is limited to 16 students so you will have plenty of attention and support from Adam Jones and one of our highly skilled Canon technical representatives. You will shoot elbow to elbow in the field, learning his professional insights and techniques. You will also have the opportunity to print 1-2 of your favorite images on a Canon Pixma PRO Printer, as well as learn essential processing tips.
- Using natural light and the elements of design to compose stunning landscape images.
- Learn to see like a pro and go beyond the obvious.
- Why and how focal length impacts composition more than you think.
- Setting up your camera to work the way you want it to.
- Exposure: Getting it right every time and using the histogram.
- HDR that looks photo realistic for high contrast scenes.
- Using depth of field as a creative tool.
- Image stacking for unlimited depth of field.
- Shutter speeds and motion treatments for moving subjects, such as water and wildlife.
- Filters for landscape photography.
- Basic macro techniques.
A firm understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, aperture priority, shutter priority, and ISO settings is needed. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers.
- Six sessions photographing in Yellowstone National Park
- Admission into Yellowstone National Park
- Canon gear loans – bodies and lenses
- 1-2 prints of your work, as circumstances permit
- 2 lunches and snacks
- Image critiques
- Field demonstrations
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More