EOS Destination Workshops
Capturing the Magnificent West: Arches and Cowboys (SOLD OUT)
- Presented by:
- Tyler Stableford (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- October 15, 2015 - October 17, 2015
- Arches National Park
- Accommodations and meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a special rate at the Red Cliffs Lodge.
Red Cliffs Lodge
14 Utah 128
Moab, UT 84532
Mention Canon Workshop to receive $179.95 rate
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block held up to 30 days before event date.
- Canon Live Learning
The enrollment capacity for this class has been reached. Further registrants will be placed on a waitlist and contacted once space becomes available. In the meantime, check out other EOS Destination Workshops we're offering across the country.
Join award-winning adventure photographer and Canon Explorer of Light, Tyler Stableford, for this action-packed workshop in the heart of Utah’s Canyonlands country.
On the first day, we will explore the magnificent sandstone arches and towers of Arches National Park, learning ways to capture the stunning landscape -- as well as a nighttime shoot where we will practice capturing starscapes under the arches, along with light painting. On day two, we venture to the mystical Fisher Towers and photograph landscapes and rock climbers; here we will practice sports photography and environmental portraiture. During the third day, we will shoot action scenes and portraits with authentic cowboys wrangling horses and cattle.
Tyler will provide detailed classroom instruction before each shoot, and will share his secrets to capturing the elusive “dramatic moment.” You will also have the opportunity to have custom prints made by our technical representative of your favorite images. We keep this workshop limited to 16 students to enhance the learning experience.
The magnificent Red Cliffs Lodge is our base for the workshop, with a multimedia classroom, a vineyard and restaurant, cabins alongside the Colorado River, among many other amenities.
- Composition techniques for landscape and action photography
- Lens selection and composition to create emotion and impact in your images
- Workflow tips and techniques to improve images
- Light painting and starry sky/landcape night photography techniques
- Photographing moving subjects in a variety of lighting situations
- Critiques to open your eyes to different possibilities & improve your photographic skills
An understanding of your camera operations including manual mode using f/stops and shutter speeds is needed for this workshop. Basic Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom skills are needed to process your images. This workshop is for intermediate and advanced photographers. We will be doing hiking in Arches National Park so please be sure you are in shape to carry a backpack in the desert heat on the trails.
- Morning coffee and breakfast treats
- Two boxed lunches and one Hot BBQ lunch
- Admission into Arches National Park
- Field session with rock climbers
- Field session with cowboys
- Canon gear loans – bodies and lenses
- Image critiques
- 1-2 prints of your work, as circumstances permit
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More