EOS Destination Workshops
Mountain Light: The Art of Dramatic Landscape and Action Photography
- Presented by:
- Tyler Stableford (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- June 08, 2016 - June 10, 2016
- $1400 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Aspen, Colorado
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block at the Annabelle Inn which includes complimentary breakfast, internet access and airport transfers (ASE only).
232 W Main St
Aspen, CO 81611
Reference the Canon Photography Workshop (Code CPW) when making reservations
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires May 7, 2016.
Closest airport is the Aspen Airport. Annabelle Inn is approximately a 5 minute drive from the airport. Annabelle Inn is glad to refer guests to ground transport from other airports.
- Canon Live Learning
Take your photography skills to new heights in the spectacular Rocky Mountains of Aspen, CO! World leading adventure photographer and Canon Explorer of Light Tyler Stableford will guide students on this 3-day action-packed workshop.
The mystical Maroon Bells Mountains offers breathtaking scenery and wide ranging activities, the perfect spot to develop your landscape and action photography skills. Vast fields of wildflowers are juxtaposed with awe-inspiring 14,000-foot mountain peaks, calmly grazing moose juxtaposed with vigorous mountain climbers. Tyler, a Colorado local, will take students to the best shooting locations including:
- Aspen Trees and Rock Climbers at Independence Pass
- Architecture and landscapes of the Ashcroft Ghost Town
- Local dude ranch to capture cowboys and cowgirls on galloping horses
- Maroon Lake and Maroon Bells Mountains
- Expert instruction and support from official Canon EOL and Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to Canon gear loans of your choosing, including L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X, EOS-1DX Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS bodies.
- Lunch and park admission fees
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work
Through hands-on learning and classroom critiques, Tyler will help students expand their understanding of:
- Composition and lighting as applied to landscape and action subjects
- Using Speedlites to enhance outdoor portraiture
- Adobe Lightroom techniques to improve images
- Capturing the emotion of action subjects
- An understanding of DSLR camera operations.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom skills for image processing.
- Physical conditioning for trail walking, light hiking and carrying photography gear during field trips.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops are designed to provide students access to exclusive experiences where they can develop their skills along with lifelong memories. By the end of these multi-day workshops, you will have expanded your portfolio, created prints of your favorite images, and hopefully made some new friends. Our workshops are built upon 3 core features:
- Shooting Side-By-Side With The Pros – seasoned professionals and Canon Explorers of Light provide advice on composition, technique and how to maximize your camera’s functions and lenses.
- Intimate Setting – our small classes are limited to 16 attendees allowing students easy access to instructors and Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether in a national park or a professional studio, we develop intimate class settings to ensure that students get adequate attention and the ability to develop their skills alongside equally passionate photographers.
- Experiment with Canon Gear - if you’re going to shoot with the best instructors you should shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees are given access to a diverse supply of loaner EOS cameras and lenses, along with Canon instructors providing technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More