EOS Destination Workshops
Olympic National Park: Exploring the Olympic Peninsula by Day and Night
- Presented by:
- Ken Sklute (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- July 31, 2016 - August 03, 2016
- $1400 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Olympic National Park, Washington
- Accommodations, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee, though we have set up a special rate at the Quileute Oceanside Resort.
Note: Canon will cover the first night’s stay (7/31/16) on behalf of our Photography enthusiasts!
Quileute Oceanside Resort
330 Ocean Front Drive
La Push, WA 98350
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations to receive your first night’s stay complimentary. Rate does not include taxes & fees
Room block expires June 30, 2016
Travel recommendations: Fly into Seattle-Tacoma Int’l Airport
- Canon Live Learning
Expand your photographic horizons in the diverse scenery of Washington’s Olympic National Park. Internationally acclaimed instructor, and Canon Explorer of Light Ken Sklute will guide students through this 3-day immersion workshop, sharing his expertise in a variety of photographic techniques.
Residents of the Olympic Peninsula refer to it as the “gift of the sea.” Encompassing nearly one million acres, Olympic National Park is home to several distinct ecosystems; the lush, green ancient forests, the raw, haunted coastline, and dramatic snowcapped mountain peaks. Such rich, striking environments provide students a unique opportunity to cultivate a variety of skills. Well versed in the parks geography, Ken will take students to some of his favorite shooting locations including:
- Ruby Beach to photograph driftwood artifacts, rock formations and tidal pools.
- Hoh Rain Forest to capture the ethereal imagery created by the areas mists, rain and fog
- Nighttime shoots on local beaches to capture images of the Milky Way
- Expert instruction and support from official Canon EOL and Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to Canon gear loans of your choosing, including L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X, EOS-1DX Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS bodies.
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work
Through hands-on learning, lectures and classroom critiques, Ken will help students develop their understanding of:
- Composition and lighting
- Highlighting textures and patterns using light and shadow
- Color harmony
- Long exposure landscapes and nightscapes
- A firm understanding of operating your camera
- Basic Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom skills for image processing
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops are designed to provide students access to exclusive experiences where they can develop their skills along with lifelong memories. By the end of these multi-day workshops, you will have expanded your portfolio, created prints of your favorite images, and hopefully made some new friends. Our workshops are built upon 3 core features:
- Shooting Side-By-Side With The Pros –seasoned professionals and Canon Explorers of Light provide advice on composition, technique and how to maximize your camera’s functions and lenses.
- Intimate Setting – our small classes are limited to 16 attendees allowing students easy access to instructors and Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether in a national park or a professional studio, we develop intimate class settings to ensure that students get adequate attention and the ability to develop their skills alongside equally passionate photographers.
- Experiment with Canon Gear- if you’re going to shoot with the best instructors you should shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees are given access to a diverse supply of loaner EOS cameras and lenses, along with Canon instructors providing technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More