EOS Destination Workshops
Florida Macro: Reptiles, Amphibians and Wading Birds
- Presented by:
- Adam Jones (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- February 03, 2017 - February 06, 2017
- $1400 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Fort Myers, Florida
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block for everyone to stay at the Homewood Suites, Fort. Myers, FL.
16450 Corporate Commerce Way
Fort Myers, FL 33913
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires January 8, 2017.
All rooms are based on double occupancy.
The closest airport is Southwest Florida International Airport just minutes from our hotel headquarters.
- Canon Live Learning
Escape the late-winter chill and join us in sunny Fort Myers, Florida, for an immersive three-day photo adventure exploring colorful macro and wildlife. Internationally-recognized nature photographer and Canon Explorer of Light, Adam Jones, is your guide to shooting some of the most amazing natural wonders in the whole wild world.
Discover the “ins and outs” of photography—literally. We’ll begin with a totally controlled environment at multiple shooting stations in the hotel conference room, where wildly beautiful dart frogs, snakes, chameleons, and geckos are posed on natural plants and flowers. Then, we’ll be shooting nearby in some of Florida’s best birding hotspots where we’ll encounter exotic birds, alligators and more.
- Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
- Six Mile Cypress Slough
- Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge
- Expert instruction and support from Adam Jones, and the Canon Live Learning team.
- Access to Canon gear loans, including L-Series lenses, and EOS-1DX Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5D-series bodies.
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer
- Transportation to various locations
Get ready to learn how to capture an alluring variety of beautiful Florida birds, alligators and so much more. Whether in the hotel or in the field, students will learn to:
- Use a variety of macro lenses and accessories including extension tubes, teleconverters, close-up diopters, ring flash and twin flash units.
- Obtain perfect flash exposures every time just inches from the subject.
- Sharpen your telephoto lens techniques and learn techniques for razor sharp, frame-filling images.
- Improve your skills with panning, freezing action and slow-motion blur treatments.
- Use metering properly so you can get perfect exposure regardless of a subject’s background.
Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed is needed.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More