EOS Destination Workshops
Philadelphia Field Trip: Great Portraits in Any LightRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Rudy Winston (Bio), Eric Stoner (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- October 07, 2017
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106
- Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
201 S. Christopher Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Philadelphia is less than a 2 hour drive from New York City and Washington, DC, via Interstate 95. It’s also within a day’s drive from cities as diverse as Portland, ME, Buffalo, NY, and Raleigh, NC.
Closest airport is Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), about a 20-minute drive to downtown.
- Canon Live Learning
Join Canon Live Learning in Philadelphia, The City of Brotherly Love, for a full day, hands-on photography workshop emphasizing great portraits on-location. Two of Canon USA’s most highly regarded instructors and Technical Advisors, Rudy Winston and Eric Stoner will lead this workshop as we work with professional models against the historic backdrop of one of America’s oldest cities.
They’ll teach you how to create beautiful portraits in any lighting condition, using natural light as well as Speedlites and a range of lighting modifiers. You’ll also learn how to transmit images to your device (with compatible cameras) for sharing instantly on social media. In addition, you’ll learn how to control your camera from your phone or compatible device for totally wireless remote shooting, or simply a creative selfie. By the end of this jam-packed workshop, you’ll have the tools and confidence to create gorgeous portraits anywhere, anytime of day.
This workshop will take you to some of the oldest parts of Philadelphia including:
- Graffiti Pier
- Elfreth’s Alley (the oldest residential street in the country)
- Race Street Pier (right next to the Ben Franklin Bridge)
This intensive one-day workshop will feature photography sessions during the best AND worst times of day for lighting; allowing you to leave with the skills and confidence to work anywhere at any time of day. We’ll bring a range of Canon lenses and cameras, which you can work with throughout the day, in addition to your own gear.
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Eric Stoner and Rudy Winston, and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses; the top-of-the-line EOS-1D X Mark II; the 50 million pixel EOS 5DS and 5DS R, the full-frame EOS 5D Mark IV, and the high-performance EOS 7D Mark II; and pro-level Canon Speedlites
The workshop is limited to 16 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support to help you in both the field and the classroom. We start with classroom instruction to cover a variety of skills that enhance your photography, and then venture out into the field for live shooting and hands-on instruction.
You will learn how to:
- Assess a location, and determine how to position, pose and light a model within it
- Determine when to leverage natural, existing light, and how to control lighting with speedlites and modifiers
- Speedlite control — including High Speed Sync, controlling flash vs. ambient light, and how to quickly and effectively change the look of flash with lighting modifiers
- Take advantage of your camera and lenses, to get the sharpest images possible
- Creative compositional techniques, to make your portraits stand out from the crowd!
- Control your camera wirelessly and transmit images to your phone for social media sharing
The workshop is designed for intermediate and advanced photographers who want to learn more about nature photography composition and techniques as well as build their portfolios with high-quality images. You should have a good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, using aperture, and shutter speed settings. Also, you should expect some light hiking on uneven ground.
Canon Live Learning Visionary Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop. Learn directly from Canon, with instructors who not only know the EOS system inside and out, but who love photography as much as you, and who have been shooters for decades. In just one day, this fun, hands-on workshop will open doors to new possibilities with the Canon gear you own today, and give you the confidence to expand your portfolio with great on-location images.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside like-minded photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. At our Visionary Workshops, we deliberately keep class sizes small. You’ll have all the attention you need to further develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More