EOS Destination Workshops
Arches National Park, Rock Climbers and Cowboys Photography WorkshopRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Tyler Stableford (Bio)
- EOS Destination Workshops
- October 11, 2018 - October 13, 2018
- $1,499 (CPS Discount: $100)
- Moab, Utah
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee though we have set up a room block with a special Canon rate at the below suggested host hotel.
Red Cliffs Lodge
14 Hwy 128
Moab, Utah 84532
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations to receive the special Canon rate.
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires September 7, 2018.
Closest airport is the Grand Junction, Colorado airport; 90 mile drive (approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes) to the Lodge.
- Canon Live Learning
This workshop begins on Thursday, October 11 at 10:00am and ends on Saturday, October 13 at 4:00pm.
Join award-winning adventure photographer and Canon Explorer of Light, Tyler Stableford, for this action-packed workshop in the heart of Utah’s Canyonlands country. Tyler will provide detailed classroom instruction before each shoot, and will share his secrets to capturing the elusive “dramatic moment.”
The magnificent Red Cliffs Lodge is our base for the workshop, with a multimedia classroom, a vineyard and restaurant, cabins alongside the Colorado River, among many other amenities.
On the first day, we will explore the magnificent sandstone arches and towers of Arches National Park, learning ways to capture the stunning landscape -- as well as a nighttime shoot where we will practice capturing starscapes under the arches.
On day two, we venture back to Arches National Park and photograph landscapes and rock climbers; here we will practice sports photography and environmental portraiture. We will finish the day capturing the beautiful sunset. During the third day, we will shoot action scenes and portraits with authentic cowboys wrangling horses and cattle.
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Tyler Stableford and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 6D Mark II, and EOS 80D bodies
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon professional Inkjet Printer.
The workshop is limited to 16 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support to help you in both the field and the classroom. We will meet for classroom instruction to cover a variety of skills that enhance your photography.
- Composition techniques for landscape and action photography
- Lens selection and composition to create emotion and impact in your images
- Workflow tips and techniques to improve images
- Starry sky/landscape night photography techniques
- Photographing moving subjects in a variety of lighting situations
- Critiques to open your eyes to different possibilities & improve your photographic skills
Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed is needed.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop. In just a day or two, this fun, hands-on workshop will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
EXPERIENCE “THE CANON DESTINATION DIFFERENCE”
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. You’ll have all the attention you need to further develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More