Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
Shooting Intimate Docs with DP: Yamit Shimonovitz
- Presented by:
- Yamit Shimonovitz
- Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
- November 08, 2017
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Free Seminar
- Canon Burbank
3400 West Olive Ave Suite 250
Burbank, California 91505
Yamit has been shooting in the documentary genre for many years, though she is well versed in all facets of cinematography such as feature and commercial as well. Tonight she will discuss how to create the intimate doc with her methodology.
• Camera equipment and lighting choices
• Tips to working and connecting with your subject no matter the situation
• Utilizing the interplay between natural light and camera position to create pleasing aesthetics, and dynamic compositions Lighting location based interviews
• Streamlining post to make deadlines while still keeping your vision.
Yamit Shimonovitz, recent documentary “The Public Image Is Rotten” about punk rock legend Johnny Rotten, opened in Tribeca to great reviews. She received acclaim for her innovative cinematography for the documentary Los Wild Ones, which premiered at SXSW, won the Best feature at RiFF Film Fest and Best Cinematography at Uptown Film Fest. Besides documentaries, her current work includes commercials for Apple, Ford, Intel and Whole Foods as well as TV shows for HBO, CNN, and Amazon. She brings attention to cinematic detail and inventive problem solving to all the forms in her repertoire: documentaries, features, episodic TV shows, and commercials.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More