CLL Orange County
Sports Workshop: On the Sidelines with the LA Galaxy
- Presented by:
- Robert Mora, LA Galaxy Team Photographer
- CLL Orange County
- August 22, 2015 - August 24, 2015
- Times and location vary by day
- Canon Live Learning Orange County
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Ever wanted to shoot professional sports from the sidelines?! Now’s your chance! Join Canon Live Learning for this once-in-a-lifetime immersive learning experience with the LA Galaxy Team Photographer, Robert Mora. This hands-on workshop is for individuals interested in all levels of sports photography. During the three-day workshop, you’ll learn the latest techniques and Canon technologies that enable sports photographers to capture that decisive moment in time AND have the unique opportunity to photograph from the sidelines of an LA Galaxy soccer game!
To facilitate this experience:
- The Sports Workshop Experience will be three sessions.
- The number of participants will be limited to sixteen (16).
- Robert Mora and the Canon Trainer will facilitate the workshop with possible Canon Training Assistant support.
- Day One and Day Three will be facilitated at the Canon Experience Center in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Day Two will be on location at the StubHub Center in Carson, CA.
- Canon to provide a boxed lunch for Day Two.
- Canon to provide additional Canon equipment best suited for sports photography.
- Participants are introduced to the exciting world of sports photography presented by Robert Mora.
- Two-hour session learning about the techniques and approaches to capture jaw-dropping moments.
- Following a break, participants will have a one-hour session, facilitated by the Canon Trainer, to discover Canon Imaging Technology and details about specific equipment available for their use during the workshop.
- Participants will meet at the StubHub Center in Carson, CA.
- Working side-by-side with Robert Mora and the Canon Trainer, participants will walk through a day-in-the-life of a working sports photographer, from arrival and set up, to shooting and delivering images.
- Participants will be assigned spots for an LA Galaxy, MLS game, and have the unique opportunity to shoot from the sidelines, just as a working photographer would do.
- Following the MLS game, participants will have an opportunity to have specific questions answered as they prepare to shoot an LA Galaxy II, USL game—having a second opportunity to shoot from the sidelines, with the added ability to move along the sidelines, experiencing different perspectives.
- Following the game, participants will edit images on their own for critique and print the next day.
- Participants will meet at the Canon Experience Center.
- Two-hour critique by Robert Mora of the participants selected images from the soccer games.
- Following a break, participants will have a the opportunity to see ,and hold, their images, as Canon’s team will be printing an image for each participant on Canon’s PIXMA PRO-1.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More