CLL Orange County
Going Further with Fashion Photography
- Presented by:
- Christopher Kern
- CLL Orange County
- November 19, 2015
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Canon Live Learning Orange County
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Fashion Photography is everywhere. The different genres are widespread and all encompassing. We will briefly review all these genres, their market and audience, as well as the important of collaboration in constructing a fashion image. We’ll continue with exploring the technical details of camera settings, experimenting with the quality of light and most importantly, interacting with your subject.
In this class we will move beyond a simple beauty image and introduce wardrobe to a full-length fashion shot. Communicating effectively with your subject throughout your onset process is an integral skill to develop right alongside your photography, as a strong rapport that opens the possibility of conveying the story you set out to tell with your camera.
Join Canon Live Learning Orange County to further expose yourself to fashion photography.
- Basic camera settings for fashion: initial suggestions and possibilities
- Understanding depth-of-field and how to get the effects you want
- The visual impact of different lenses
- Within fashion photography moving beyond a beauty image and shooting full length.
- Two light setup for mood - with simply changing distance/position from the subject and background
- Interacting with model(s): directing, communicating, and establishing trust
- Simple approach = productive results
- Camera body with a fully charged battery
- CF or SD cards
- Several lenses of various focal lengths
- Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More