CLL Orange County
Getting Started with HDR
- Presented by:
- Bob Fletcher
- CLL Orange County
- December 08, 2015
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Canon Live Learning Orange County
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography opens up the possibility of creating images that go well beyond the dynamic range of most sensors in a single capture image. It is a technique that provides a wider range between the lightest and darkest areas of a scene than a camera can typically capture.
HDR images are not complicated to create, if you have a basic understanding of how your camera can create “bracketed” images. Understanding how you can create these images is what this class is all about.
This class will give you the confidence to capture multiple images and create a single image with an expanded dynamic range. The Instructor will demonstrate how to capture multiple HDR images and, using Adobe Lightroom CC, how to post-process the images.
Each camera is different, and as time allows, the Instructor will demonstrate how to create HDR images in YOUR camera. Some cameras will create them almost “automatically” and some cameras you have to create them manually. Whichever camera you have, the Instructor will show you using your camera.
- Seeing density of light to understand the use of HDR
- Manually bracketing your images
- Bracketing using one of the Auto Modes
- Learning how to use your Histogram
- Creating your HDR images automatically “in-camera” (if the camera’s menu allows that)
- Creating your HDR images manually
- Creating your HDR image using 3rd party software (Adobe Lightroom CC)
- And much, much more!
- Your Canon EOS camera with memory card and lenses
- Fully charged battery
- One or two lenses
- Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More