CINE-SERVO 17-120mm T2.95 EF
The CINE-SERVO 17-120mm T2.95 EF is the first Cine-Servo lens in the Canon Cine Lens family. Designed to perform in a shoulder-mounted application or as a traditional cinema lens, the Canon CINE-SERVO 17-120mm T2.95 zoom lens has an ENG-style Digital Drive handgrip with zoom rocker switch, which can also be detached to allow for manual cinema operation. The new CINE-SERVO lens features high 4K optical performance throughout the broad focal length of 17mm to 120mm within its compact and lightweight body, a three-group inner focus system to help minimize focus breathing and provide a stable angle of view, an 11-blade iris to help achieve creative depth-of-field manipulation and natural "bokeh" background, user-friendly design features, support for matte boxes, follow focus and other accessories, and rugged reliability.
- EF-mount "standard" zoom lens, designed to cover Super 35 and APS-C size image sensors (will not cover full-frame digital SLRs).
- A very versatile focal range from 17-120mm enables the Canon CINE-SERVO 17-120mm T2.95 to tackle a variety of shooting situations.
- The 11-blade iris allows for attractive circular blurring in out- of-focus regions, while the use of an odd number of blades reduces flaring of specular highlights. Additionally, the iris ring is mechanically controlled with no click stops for smooth exposure adjustments while recording.
- Featuring a 180 degree focus rotation angle, both 0.8 type and 0.5 type gear module focus accessories can be used, with the 0.8-pitch gear positioned in front of the focus ring to preclude any interference with the Digital Drive unit or a connecting cord.
- The broadcast standard 12-pin Serial Communications port is built into the handgrip enabling zoom, focus, and iris position data and iris mode operations to be transmitted to compatible cameras.