EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Hugely popular among professional nature and wildlife shooters, and a marvelous choice for outdoor street shooting and event candids, the EF 100–400mm f/4.5–5.6L IS has been impressing critical shooters for more than a decade. About the size of a 70–200mm f/2.8, its Image Stabilization (2 stops correction) makes it very practical for hand-held use, and its push-pull zoom mechanism makes for easy and nearly instant composition adjustments. If a long-range zoom with superb image quality and hand-held capability is your goal, this may be your lens.
- 400mm zoom capability truly enters world of super-telephoto "reach" – this lens makes candid shooting fundamentally easier than traditional 70–200mm lenses
- Very useful and versatile choice for outdoor sports
- Fast and silent ring-type USM, so AF is excellent, even with moving subjects (also allows full-time manual focus, even with lens still in AF mode)
- Compatible with all Canon EF 1.4x and 2x tele extenders; with 1.4x, AF at Center point (only) with 45-point AF systems, and (after firmware upgrade) 61-point EOS AF systems
- No AF when used with 2x; all other functions perform normally