EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM
A world’s first — a fixed focal length, wide-angle lens with built-in optical Image Stabilization. IS changes what’s possible with a wide-angle design; its 4-stop correction means that most users can successfully hand-hold this lens at shutter speeds as low as ¼ or even ½ second. For video recording, the optical IS means sharp, steady hand-held footage is well within reach in many situations. It’s a total and completely modern redesign of Canon’s long-standing 24mm f/2.8 lens. Far smaller and lighter than any f/2.8 zoom lens, the lens’s inherent sharpness and correction of linear distortion make it a great addition to any wide zooms a user may have.
- 24mm length is the ideal entry into ultra-wide shooting for full-frame EOS SLRs: enhanced wide-angle look, yet practical for everyday shooting
- An ideal lens for photojournalism, events, and other applications that call for fast, wide shooting at close distances to the primary subject
- With APS-C sensor cameras (EOS 7D, EOS 60D, etc), equivalent to 38.4mm coverage — a perfect lens for group photos
- Superb handling, with wide, smooth full-time manual focus; weighs under 10 oz (280g)
- 58mm filter size; accepts optional Canon EW-65B lens hood