EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II
This is a totally revised and updated lens, but its character remains unchanged: a revolutionary lens that combines super-telephoto power and fast f/4 maximum aperture with incredible light weight, making it equally at home for monopod or hand-held shooting. Perfect for motorsports, wildlife, and sports that place a premium on easily following rapidly and/or erratically moving subjects. And, it’s a practical answer for on-location fashion and even photojournalism — especially when the traditional professional answer, a 400mm f/2.8 lens, is simply too big and unwieldy. Updated optics, and updated Image Stabilization make this unique lens a great solution to many location shooting problems.
- Completely new optics — gapless dual-layer Diffractive Optics elements, UD-glass, and large-diameter Aspherical element — combine for sharpness, significant reductions in lens flare, and superb correction of chromatic aberrations
- Shorter, and more than ½ pound (250g) lighter than Canon’s EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
- Image Stabilization, with up to 4 stops shake correction (based on CIPA industry standard); a big factor in how readily hand-holdable this lens is for many advanced users
- Compatible with version II or III Canon 1.4x and 2x tele extenders; version III recommended
- Weather-resistant construction; Focus Pre-set and Power Focus via “playback” ring on lens barrel