EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
As a multiple-use product, the EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM lens has few equals for EOS shooters working with APS-C sensor camera bodies (EOS Rebel series, EOS 60D, EOS 7D, etc.). This lens "acts" like a 96mm portrait-length telephoto, with fast f/2.8 aperture, so it's a great choice for sharp candids or portraits of people. And, it continually focuses down to full life-size magnification (1x, or 1:1)*, for extreme close-ups of small objects. It’s perfect for dental, medical, and many forensic applications, as well as for nature enthusiasts and even wedding photographers.
- A true macro lens – tack-sharp at close distances, with flat-field reproduction when focused close; working distance from subject to lens at life size is approx. 4 inches (approx. 10cm)
- Focuses to infinity, and has excellent f/2.8 maximum aperture, so it's a great lens for portraits and available-light candid shooting at events
- Superb sharpness, contrast, along with excellent flat-field performance at close distances
- A Canon EF-S lens, so it's compatible only with EOS models with APS-C size sensor: EOS 20D through EOS 60D, EOS 7D, and all versions of EOS digital Rebel
* Please note: close-up magnification figures remain constant, regardless of sensor size of the Canon EOS digital SLR this lens is mounted to. A smaller sensor may effectively "crop" what the lens can see, but doesn't change the actual magnification size at the imaging sensor plane.