The EOS-1D C is the first and only DSLR camera with 4K recording capability*. The newest addition to the Cinema EOS System, the EOS-1D C combines the convenient form factor of Canon digital SLR cameras with the ability to deliver 4K video recording up to 4096 x 2160 resolution to internal CF cards. As it records 4K, it can simultaneously deliver Clean HD via HDMI (uncompressed 8 bit 4:2:2 signal) to an external recorder. While developed exclusively for professional motion picture production, the EOS-1D C is based on the EOS-1D X and offers the same capabilities of shooting still images with Canon's full-frame 24x36mm 18.1 megapixel (5184 x 3456) CMOS sensor.
- Records 8-bit 4:2:2 Motion JPEG 4K at 24 fps, or 8 bit 4:2:0 Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at selectable frame rates from 24p to 60p to CF cards.
- ISO range of 100 to 25,600 (expandable up to ISO 204,800 in H2 mode) for exceptional results with reduced noise even in extreme low-light settings.
- All motion imaging file types can be recorded with Canon Log Gamma, for a broad dynamic range and exceptional color grading freedom.
- Compact DSLR design provides for exceptional mobility and the continued use of downsized third party accessories such as shoulder mounts, sliders and underwater housings.
- The first EOS camera to offer simultaneous viewing of the LCD screen and external monitors receiving the HDMI output.
* As of April 12, 2012