The EOS C500 4K Digital Cinema Camera, is the first in the Cinema EOS System capable of originating 4K resolution digital motion imagery with uncompressed RAW output for external recording. Developed in response to growing expectations for higher levels of imaging performance for the demanding motion picture and television industries, the EOS C500 is equipped with a Super 35mm, 8.85-megapixel (4096 x 2160) CMOS image sensor, and DIGIC DV III Image Processor that deliver superb image quality. It features an ergonomic, compact, modular design and an expansive range of internal and external recording options specifically for 4K, 2K, and Full HD image acquisition – featuring RGB 4:4:4 all the way up to 60fps and high-speed recording up to 120 fps. Equipped to take advantage of the entire collection of Canon EF and the new EF Cinema lenses, the EOS C500 can realize high-resolution 4K images with richly detailed information.
- Simultaneous on-board and off-board recording options:
- Dual 3G-SDI ports output Cinema RAW data to external recording systems for a variety of 4K and 2K recording options.
- Dual uncompressed HD-SDI ports support external live monitoring or 2K and Full HD external recording.
- Dual internal CF Cards record Full HD and facilitate the NLE workflow.
- Dynamically select 4K RAW DCI (Digital Cinema Initiative) 1.896:1 (4096 x 2160), Quad HD (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K HRAW (4096 x 1080/3840 x 1080); 2K RGB 444 10-bit, RGB 444 12-bit, or YCC 422 10-bit (2048 x 1080/1920 x 1080); and Full HD MPEG-2 Long GOP (1920 x 1080) acquisition formats.
- A wide range of ISO settings from 320 to 20000 using Canon’s high-sensitivity and low-noise technologies.
- Utilizes Canon Log Gamma for a broad dynamic range and exceptional color grading freedom.