PowerShot G3 X
This is perhaps the ultimate compact “second camera” for the experienced DSLR shooter. The Canon PowerShot G3 X combines a very large (for compact cameras) 1-inch CMOS sensor, a 24–600mm and 25x (equivalent) zoom lens, and compact design that borrows much from traditional EOS DSLRs. Its 20.2 MP resolution is a match for many current DSLRs. Superb optical performance and Image Stabilization mean that the super-telephoto capability is usable in real-life situations. Manual control possibilities extend to exposure control during still and video shooting, as well as focusing. This is a practical option for high-end shooters who need compactness, without sacrificing telephoto potential.
- 25x zoom, 24–600mm (full-frame, 35mm equivalent coverage); maximum aperture is f/2.8–5.6
- RAW or JPEG image shooting; 20.2MP CMOS sensor, with same 3:2 aspect ratio as DSLRs
- Superior viewing: Tilting LCD monitor with 60% more pixels than current EOS DSLRs; optional electronic eye-level viewfinder, with 2.36 million pixel resolution
- Extensive HD Video options, including 24-60 FPS, new five-way Stabilization, HDMI-out to external monitors, and five aspect ratio markers possible on LCD monitor
- Built-in Wi-Fi, including near-instant pairing with NFC-compatible smart-phones and tablets
- An incredible travel option for experienced DSLR enthusiasts